Gledhill has developed a range of cylinders specifically for solar applications, therefore providing an efficient way of providing domestic hot water. Each model features a dedicated high performance solar coil, transferring the maximum amount of heat from the solar circuit to the stored water.
The cylinders are compatible with a wide range of solar systems available and have been designed to maximise the dedicated solar volume.
The indirect cylinders are heated by a conventional boiler (either gas or oil) through a second high performance coil. The direct models are electrically heated cylinders, using the 3kW immersion heater supplied with the unit, and incorporating a high performance solar coil.
Both are capable of providing a system that meets the requirements of Building Regulations, provided they are correctly matched to the solar panels and the hot water requirement.
The solar range is based on the standard Stainless Lite cylinders, therefore still providing you with mains pressure hot water, low standing heat losses and lightweight construction.
Features and Benefits
- Specifically designed for use with solar thermal panels
- Corrugated coil to maximise the heat transfer from the solar input
- 3kW incoloy immersion heater for emergency back-up
- 90° elbow and drain valve supplied as standard
- Standard and slimline models available
- Comes with a 25 year warranty
- Lightest cylinder on the market.
- ErP rating: C
- Heat loss: 74 watts
- Capacity: 202 litres
- Height: 1963 mm
- Diameter: 475 mm
- Weight (empty): 36 kg
- Weight (full): 233 kg
- Heat up time: 35 minutes
- Dedicated solar volume: 70 litres
- Number of immersions: 1
- Secondary return: Yes