Caleffi Altecnic 1/2″ Tempering Valve 521814
£44.64 EXCL. TAX
£53.57 INCL. TAX
Connection Size: 22mm Compression
TMV Scheme: Tempering Valve
Approvals: WRAS Approved
Temp Setting Rage: 35-70 DegC
Temperature, Hot Supply: 99 DegC Maximum
Flow Rate: 4lpm Minimum
- Tempering valve adjustable with knob, with check valves and strainers
- Specific to control the temperature at the point of distribution
- With thermal shut-off function
- Dezincification resistant alloy body
- “LOW LEAD”. Chrome plated.
- Max. working pressure: 10 bar
- Max. inlet temperature: 90°C
- Easy and quick to install
Why are Tempering Valves important?
Hundreds of people every year are burned and seriously injured by domestic hot water. When showering, users may set the shower at a comfortable temperature, however, if the cold water supply drops when someone runs a tap or flushes the toilet, the water temperature will be far too hot. Tempering valves monitor the temperature of the water and prevent it from reaching scalding temperatures, even if the cold water supply drops.